MICE is used to refer to a particular type of tourism in which large groups, usually planned well in advance, are brought together for some particular
MICE tourism usually includes a well-planned agenda centered around a particular theme, such as a hobby, a profession, or an educational topic. Such
tourism is a specialized area with its own trade shows. MICE tourism is known for its extensive planning and demanding clientele.
Incentive tourism is usually undertaken as a type of employee reward by a company or institution for targets met or exceeded, or a job well done. Unlike
the other types of MICE tourism, incentive tourism is usually conducted purely for entertainment, rather than professional or educational purposes.
MICE tourism conference hall or conference room is a room provided for singular events such as business conferences. Typically, the facility provides
furniture, projectors, stage lighting, and a sound system. Such getaways often get linked with team performances and bonus budgets. Even the regular formal
conferences, meets especially and middle and senior management, are now increasingly getting held at leisure destinations.
Offshoot of this entire concept was also emergence of Off-sites / Outbound Programmes, which were more activity based and specifically integrated with HR
The Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) segment of tourism caters to such corporate programmes tailor-made to suit the client's
requirements in any part of the world. The size of the convention, facilities required, competitive pricing, natural attractions, safety and opportunities
to shop are some of the factors considered before selecting a MICE destination.
Using off-site workdays to motivate staff and improve their productivity is gaining popularity in the corporate world. Companies are also realizing the
benefits to their business when regional dealer conferences, incentive trips and focused business meetings are organized in exotic locations which include
sightseeing, recreation and shopping.
provides customized solutions for MICE related travel needs. It will assist you at every stage of planning your travel, including pre-tour familiarization
visits, booking of Air seats, visa, ticketing, foreign exchange, insurance, transfers, arranging accommodation at the finest hotels, gala dinners,
collateral preparation, technical back up, meal arrangements, conferences, weddings, events, road shows, product launch, customer royalty program and an
attractive pre and post tours, with programs for accompanying spouse appropriately .
Let STR expert organize your MICE, training program and convention keeping in mind that all your needs are met at a very competitive and
affordable rate and also ensure that every moment is utilized and all work objectives are achieved.
Our Vision is to be the world class travel company. Our Mission is to create world class services, which upholds the highest ethical standards and
believing in creative new bench mark in the travel industry.
- MICE Services
The growth of Business and Conference has given birth to MICE Tourism in India and it is on the increasing front as all the luxury hotels have come up with
number of facilities to host business meetings and tour packages to explore our rich culture and heritage, in India and Abroad.
MICE Destinations in Asia
- Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia as MICE destinations for Indian companies offer distinct advantages like short traveling time, world-class infrastructure, and an abundance of tourist attractions, all at competitive rates. Preferential air fares, special rates for accommodation and transportation, custom and immigration facilitation and adequate facilities for all sizes of conventions make these countries a viable MICE option.
- Sri Lanka too offers very competitive rates for corporates covering airfare and conference facilities for medium to large groups.
- The Phillipines archipelago has much to offer the MICE market, and Manila has been a preffered destination for global conferences and events. Its modern conference facilities include the Phillipine International Convention Center with a capacity to host 4000 people, a humongous banquet hall, over a dozen meeting rooms and a press centre. The Megatrade hall encloses three multipurpose halls, conference centre plus a series of entertainment centres like a bowling alley and ice skating rink. . The World Trade Centre, the Peninsula Manila, the Makati Shangri-La, the Mandarin Oriental Manila and the Westin Phillipine Plaza offer comprehensive arrangements for MICE events. Fine handicrafts, miles of pure beaches and great bargains add up to the charm of the Phillipines as a MICE destination.
- Vietnam is grabbing the attention of organizers as a MICE host. Between Ho Chi Minh and Nanoi, it has over 20 5-star hotels, several seaside resorts in Da Nang, Quang Nam and Binh Thuan, and large capacity international convention centres. With an profusion of cultural and natural heritage sites Vietnam is slowly climbing the popularity charts of tourists.
- Bali is Indonesia's most charming destination for companies to take a break from the routine. Its string of luxury hotels apart, the Convention Centre provides for 2,500 theatre style and 1,200 classroom style accommodation, and 5000 square metres of outdoor and indoor exhibition space, bonded warehouse facilities and a comprehensive business and communication centre.
- Hong Kong's attraction as a MICE destination has also been enhanced with meeting and conference space being added considerably over the last few years.Macau is well-entrenched as a business tourism destination, and new capacities are being built in Cotai. The Macau Cultural centre, the East Asian Games Dome, Fisherman's Wharf and the Macau Tower Convention and Entertainment Centre combine luxury and business effortlessly, while at least 15 5-star hotels are equipped with business meeting facilities.
- Mainland China has recently expanded its existing capacities in Shanghai with auditoriums, exhibition halls, meeting rooms and seating capacity for 150 to 650 in each of the new convention centres. Beijing, Fujian, Tianjin and Guangzhou have similarly built up large capacities to attract the exhibition and convention market. Sanya Island is pursuing an integrated MICE programme and is well-appointed to receive business travelers.
- Dubai is the most happening destination for MICE trips with exhibitions, conferences and seminars of every scale being hosted there. The Dubai Convention Bureau coordinates the promotion of all convention hotels and venues in Dubai and is augmenting its facilities to meet commitments made till 2020.
- Abu Dhabi is keeping pace with a dazzling array of ongoing tourism projects at the Saadiyat and Yas Islands, Al Raha Beach, Qasr Al Sarab, Angsana Resort and Spa, Bridgeway at Zayed Sports City, the Emirates Pearl, Abu Dhabi Creek Business Resort, the Quay and the Al Gurm Resort.
- Sharjah, Doha and the Kingdom of Jordan are also gearing up for the MICE sector with a slew of projects. Bahrain's growing infrastructure includes grand projects like the Durrat Al Bahrain, Amwaj islands and Al Areen. The Gulf Hotel Bahrain's International Convention Centre has been a popular venue for cross-border corporate events.
- Qatar's historic monuments and the Cultural Village in Al Dafna, the Education City Convention Centre and the Shangri La make it a good choice for meetings and conferences. The recently launched Blue City, the St Regis Doha and the Al Waab City projects are building up capacities for the MICE market.
- The reconstruction of Iraq is most visible in Erbil where large scale real estate projects are driving the city's dream of becoming an alternative to the UAE as a MICE destination. A multipurpose convention centre with a capacity for 1,200 people is already operational, and hotel facilities will see a boom in the next few years.